Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last»
    Status
    Aug 2010
    She has set her foundation on the holy mountain. Selah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

►Oldies But Goldies◄

Oldies But Goldies

Do you remember the excitement when you were a kid, waking up early in the morning and dashing towards the television cause one of your favorite shows was coming and staring at it for countless of hours?
    Do you remember the sweet and tear dropping tunes of all the magnificent and magical cartoons of the days?

I know, I do.
    I remember and I have realized that I haven't seen nor have I heard any of the familiar tunes on the television these days. I have tried to watch the cartoons or TV-shows of today, and what I have seen, gave me a permanent brain damage.
    Where are the roots? Are the coming generations really going to life without the cartoons that gave us all those sweet memories.

I'll dedicate this thread to all you who feel the same as I and to all the youth over here, that have never seen or even heard of these.
    Know your roots and be illuminated with awesomeness.

I will post to this thread as frequently as I can with cartoons and TV-shows, and I wish that all the other older members, will follow my lead and keep the posts with much as information as you can.
    Let the good times roll.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

Re: ►Oldies But Goldies◄

DuckTales

DuckTales is an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. Based on Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge comic book series, it premiered on September 18, 1987 and ended on November 28, 1990 with a total of four seasons and 100 episodes.

The show features the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his great-nephews. The nephews, who were originally living with their uncle Donald, are left in Scrooge's care when the former joins the Navy.
    Though Scrooge is the richest duck in the world, he constantly tries to find ways to increase his wealth. Many episodes involve protecting his wealth from villains who want to rob Scrooge of all his money. The prominent recurring antagonists in the show include the Beagle Boys and Magica De Spell who are always finding ways to rob and swindle Scrooge and his nephews. Scrooge's nemesis in the show is Flintheart Glomgold, who always tries to devise plans to dethrone Scrooge McDuck from his "Richest Duck in the World" title. A few of the stories also surround Scrooge's "Number One Dime" which is the source of Scrooge's good luck and wealth. Scrooge keeps the dime in a glass jar in his money vault, and constantly protects it from the villains on the show.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a sensei, just a guy
    who helps out with battle
    training

the cartoons they show now are really bad

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm like a bomb.

The Reading Rainbow

Reading Rainbow is an American children's television series aired by PBS from June 6, 1983 until November 10, 2006 that encouraged reading among children. The award-winning public television series garnered over 200 broadcast awards, including scores of Emmy Awards, many for "Outstanding Children's Series". The series was created under the leadership of Cecily Truett Lancit and Larry Lancit, at Lancit Media Productions in New York. The concept of a reading series for children was inspired by Twila Liggett, Ph.D., of Lincoln, Nebraska of the Great Plains National Instructional Television Library at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln; Paul Schupbach, director of the Great Plains National Instructional Television LIbrary; and Tony Buttino, of WNED-TV Buffalo, New York. The original team included Lynne Brenner Ganek, Ellen Schecter, and LeVar Burton as host.

Each episode centers on a theme from a book or other children's literature which is explored through a number of segments or stories. The show also provides book recommendations for kids to look for when they go to the library. It is the third-longest running children's series in PBS history, after Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and Sesame Street. It was also one of the first PBS shows to be broadcast in stereo.

Reading Rainbow has won a Peabody Award and twenty-six Emmy Awards, ten of which were in the "Outstanding Children's Series" category.

Former executive producer LeVar Burton announced on his Twitter feed on March 19, 2010, that "Reading Rainbow 2.0 is in the works."

It was released on VHS by Children's Video Library, PBS Home Video, Schlessinger Media, and others.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Where's the THANK YOU button?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho

flintstones!!! im with u

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is
    happeninnnngggggggg =]

Blue's Clues

Blue's Clues is an American children's television show airing on the Nickelodeon family of channels. The show premiered on September 8, 1996[1] and airs on Nick Jr. and other channels, although production of new episodes ceased by 2006. Versions of the show have been produced in other countries, most notably in the United Kingdom.[2] It was created by a "green team" of producers, Todd Kessler, Angela C. Santomero, and Traci Paige Johnson, who used concepts learned from child development and early-childhood education research to create a television show that would capture preschool children's attention and help them learn. They used the narrative format in their presentation of material, as opposed to the more traditional magazine format, and structured every episode the same way.

The result, Blue's Clues, has been called "one of the most successful, critically-acclaimed, and ground-breaking preschool television series of all time".[1] Author Malcolm Gladwell called the show "perhaps the 'stickiest'—meaning the most irresistible and involving—television show ever".[3] Its innovative use of research, technology, and interactive content has influenced its genre since its debut, including the "gold standard of preschool TV programs" that inspired it, Sesame Street.[4] It became the highest-rated show for preschoolers on commercial television, and received nine Emmy awards. Its efficacy in teaching children using the medium of television has been documented in research studies.[5][6]

Blue's Clues, shown in over sixty countries,[7] was first hosted by Steven Burns, and later by Donovan Patton (whose character is named Joe). A spin-off called Blue's Room premiered in 2004.

I miss this show.

UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bushido Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Roger23 View Post
    the cartoons they show now are really bad
    the only ones i like that are new, are flapjack, and adventure time, and the looney toon show (even though its still counted as old)

cartoons are dying, now we have icarly and stupid dancing shows,

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Captain Planet and the Planeteers is an American animated environmentalist television program, based on an idea by Ted Turner. The show was produced by Andy Heyward, Robby London, Barbara Pyle and Nicholas Boxer. The series was developed and co-produced by Turner Program Services along with the partnership of DiC Entertainment and ran episodes from September 15, 1990 until December 5, 1992. A sequel series, The New Adventures of Captain Planet, ran for three seasons and was produced by Turner Broadcasting and then-corporate sibling Hanna-Barbera Productions. Both programs continue today in syndication. The program is a form of edutainment and advocates environmentalism.

In February 2009, Mother Nature Network began airing episodes and unreleased footage of Captain Planet and the Planeteers on its website

*PS: Hanna-Barbera Rules!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t trust people that
    don’t like Rock Lee.
    Too many FTs

I completely know what you're talking about!

+rep

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Hong Kong Phooey

The series stars Hong Kong Phooey, the “number one super guy” who travels about the city in his “Phooeymobile”, fighting crime with the aid of his manual, The Hong Kong Book Of Kung Fu. The stories begin at the police headquarters, where Hong Kong Phooey's alter ego, Penry, works as a mild-mannered janitor under the glare of Sergeant Flint ("Sarge"). Also at the police station is Rosemary, the telephone operator, who has a crush on Hong Kong Phooey. After Rosemary gets a call and explains the crime, Penry runs into a filing cabinet and (always getting stuck) transforms himself into Hong Kong Phooey.
    Despite the theme song, Hong Kong Phooey is a classic screw-up, and often fails to save the city only to be saved by his sidekick pet cat, Spot. In a few rare circumstances, Hong Kong Phooey actually does save the city, but usually as an unintended side effect of his intended attack going horribly wrong. Hong Kong Phooey is a respected superhero who always gets full credit for Spot’s success.
    A running gag is that Hong Kong Phooey is such a respected hero that when his incompetence causes him to crash into, harm, or otherwise inconvenience a civilian, the passerby feels honored as opposed to annoyed or embarrassed, such as when he drove the Phooeymobile through wet cement, splattering the workers, who responded that it was an honor to have a whole day's work ruined by "the great Hong Kong Phooey."

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a sensei, just a guy
    who helps out with battle
    training

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post
    the only ones i like that are new, are flapjack, and adventure time, and the looney toon show (even though its still counted as old)

cartoons are dying, now we have icarly and stupid dancing shows,
    yeah, the "new" cartoons suck now. stupid producers :flaw:

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

Oh my goodness. I'm away for 2minutes and theres so many awesome posts.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Loved it when I was younger... Bompi Bears

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Scooby Doo Where Are You?

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! is the first (and flagship) incarnation of the long-running Hanna-Barbera Saturday morning cartoon Scooby-Doo. It premiered on September 13, 1969 at 10:30 a.m. EST and ran for two seasons on CBS as a half-hour long show. Twenty-five episodes were produced (seventeen in 1969-70 and eight more in 1970-71). The reruns can be seen in syndication and on such channels as Cartoon Network and Boomerang

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! was the result of CBS and Hanna-Barbera's plans to create a non-violent Saturday morning program which would appease the parent watch groups that had protested the superhero-based programs of the mid-1960s. Originally titled Mysteries Five, and later Who's S-S-Scared?, Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! underwent a number of changes from script to screen (the most notable of which was the downplaying of the musical group angle borrowed from The Archie Show). However, the basic concept—four teenagers (Freddie, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy) and a large goofy Great Dane dog (Scooby-Doo) solving supernatural-related mysteries—was always in place.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm like a bomb.

The Adventures of TinTin (Not Tenten).

The Adventures of Tintin (Les Aventures de Tintin) is a series of classic comic books created by the Belgian artist Georges Rémi (1907–1983), who wrote under the pen name of Hergé. The series is one of the most popular European comics of the 20th century, with translations published in more than 80 languages and more than 350 million copies of the books sold to date.

The series first appeared in French in Le Petit Vingtième, a children's supplement to the Belgian newspaper Le XXe Siècle on 10 January 1929. The success of the series saw the serialised strips collected into a series of twenty-four albums, spun into a successful Tintin magazine, and adapted for film, radio, television and theatre.

Set during a largely realistic 20th century, the hero of the series is Tintin, a young Belgian reporter. He is aided in his adventures from the beginning by his faithful fox terrier dog Snowy (Milou in French). Later, popular additions to the cast included the brash, cynical and grumpy Captain Haddock, the highly intelligent but hearing-impaired Professor Calculus (Professeur Tournesol) and other supporting characters such as the incompetent detectives Thomson and Thompson (Dupont et Dupond). Hergé himself features in several of the comics as a background character, as do his assistants in some instances.

The comic strip series has long been admired for its clean, expressive drawings in Hergé's signature ligne claire style. Its engaging, well-researched plots straddle a variety of genres: swashbuckling adventures with elements of fantasy, mysteries, political thrillers, and science fiction. The stories within the Tintin series always feature slapstick humour, accompanied in later albums by satire, and political and cultural commentary.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

This thread is yelling "STICKY ME, STICKY ME"

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bushido Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Roger23 View Post
    yeah, the "new" cartoons suck now. stupid producers :flaw:
    rugrats was a true cartoon i used to watch, i used to look forward to watching it:shrug:

this show is basically about what babies go through that the adults cant see, it was great how this show worked, this toon went so far, now nickolodian is corrupted with icarly and other known bull feces

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

A Pup Named Scooby Doo

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is the eighth incarnation of the Hanna-Barbera Saturday morning cartoon Scooby-Doo. This spin-off of the original show was created by Tom Ruegger and premiered on September 10, 1988 and ran for three seasons on ABC as a half-hour program, until July 20, 1991 (though reruns continued until 1993). Reruns can occasionally be seen on Cartoon Network sister channel Boomerang. The show used to be on Cartoon Network itself during a morning timeslot in 2008.

Following the show's first season, much of Hanna-Barbera's production staff, including Tom Ruegger, left the studio, and helped to revive the Warner Bros. Animation studio, beginning with Tiny Toon Adventures. This was notable for being the last series where Don Messick voiced Scooby and one of the few animated series in which someone other than Frank Welker voiced the character of Freddie Jones. Messick and Casey Kasem (who voiced Shaggy) were the only two voice actors from other Scooby-Doo series to reprise their roles in this version.

The new format followed the trend of the "babyfication" of older cartoon characters, reducing the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! cast to junior-high age. This new show also used the same basic formula as the original 1969 show: the gang (referred to in this show as the "Scooby-Doo Detective Agency") solved supernatural-based mysteries, where the villains (the ghosts and monsters) were always revealed as bad guys in masks and costumes. The biggest difference was the tone of the show: With A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, producer Tom Ruegger built upon the slightly irreverent humor he had established along with producer Mitch Schauer with Scooby's previous unsuccessful incarnation, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. This resulted in a wackier, more extremely comic version of Scooby-Doo that satirized the conventions of the show's previous incarnations. It was not uncommon for the characters to do wild Tex Avery/Bob Clampett-esque takes when they ran into ghosts and monsters.
    Animation director and overseas supervisor Glen Kennedy animated many of the wild-take sequences personally. Fred was constantly blaming a character appropriately called "Red Herring" (a pun on Red Herring) for each and every crime on the show (true to his name, Red was always innocent, except for the one episode in which Fred didn't blame him) and shots of the characters (and even the ghosts and monsters) dancing were inserted into the obligatory late-80s-pop-rock-music-scored chase sequences. The ghosts and monsters themselves were also more comedic, such as a creature made out of molten cheese, a monster in the form of a giant hamburger, and the skeleton ghost of a dogcatcher. The series also features Scooby and Shaggy as their favorite superhero duo. Shaggy would be the fearless Commander Cool (a combination of Batman and Superman) and Scooby would be his faithful canine sidekick Mellow Mutt (a combination of Krypto, Robin and Ace the Bat-Hound.)

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post
    rugrats was a true cartoon i used to watch, i used to look forward to watching it:shrug:

this show is basically about what babies go through that the adults cant see, it was great how this show worked, this toon went so far, now nickolodian is corrupted with icarly and other known bull feces
    Tommy taught me how to have no fear kekeke lol

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bushido Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Tommy taught me how to have no fear kekeke lol
    lol it was crazy how intelligent those kids were! they always had tasks to do! always on a mission! good times good times,

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

ChalkZone

ChalkZone is an American animated television series that aired on Nickelodeon. It was created by Bill Burnett and Larry Huber, and produced by Frederator Studios for the Nickelodeon TV channel (executive producers: Bill Burnett, Larry Huber, Fred Seibert). It is distributed outside the United States by Canadian animation company, Nelvana Limited.

The main character, an elementary school student named Rudy Tabootie (E.G. Daily), has been gifted with a magically endowed piece of chalk that allows access to the ChalkZone, an alternate dimension where everything and everyone that's ever been drawn in chalk and erased takes form as the living and/or tangible. The show concentrated on the adventures of Rudy, his sidekick Snap (Candi Milo), and classmate Penny Sanchez (Hynden Walch) within the zone.

ChalkZone was produced by Frederator Studios for the Nickelodeon cable channel. By some—not its creators—the series can be seen as homage to the 1974 cartoon Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings. But ChalkZone went much farther, positing a world where everything that had ever been drawn in chalk by anyone came to life in the alternative chalk universe, endowed with the soul and personality its creator had intended for it. Thus ChalkZone took such alternate universe stories as Through the Looking Glass and The Wizard of Oz one step further. Where Alice and Dorothy were merely confronted by creatures and situations they had no control over, ChalkZone's hero, Rudy Tabootie had to confront the fact that there were consequences for what he brought into the world and how they interacted with the creations of others.
    The show was originally featured on Oh Yeah! Cartoons, just like The Fairly OddParents and My Life as a Teenage Robot. It premiered on March 22, 2002, as the highest rated new show premiere in Nickelodeon's history up to that. Nicktoons production on Season 1 ChalkZone was accidentally copyrighted 2000. A soundtrack album, titled In The Zone (not to be confused with Britney Spears's 2003 album), has also been released. The series aired on The N in reruns on April 1, 2002 to November 2004, and it is dropped by the channel on December 31, 2004, but returned on May 2005 until September 2006. Then the show returned on May 3, 2008 until September 16, 2009. On October 7, 2009, ChalkZone did not return to TeenNick. The show aired on Nick on CBS on February 1, 2003 and ended on September 11, 2004. The show went on hiatus from June 22, 2005 to June 4, 2008. During that time, it was unknown if the unaired episodes would ever air in the US. The unaired episodes aired on Nick between June 4, 2008 to August 23, 2008. It then again went on hiatus and the last 2 episodes ended up being aired in November 22, 2009.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARA IS THE BEST

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (known as Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in Europe due to controversy at the time) is an American animated television series produced by Murakami-Wolf-Swenson. The pilot was shown during the week of December 28, 1987 in syndication as a five part miniseries and began its official run on October 1, 1988.

The show was in Saturday morning syndication from October 1, 1988 to September 9, 1989. After it became an instant hit, the show was expanded to five days a week and aired weekday afternoons in syndication in most markets, from September 25, 1989 to September 17, 1993.There would also be a brief "Turtle Tips" segment in between the two episodes which served as PSA about the environment or other issues. Beginning in 1994, the show began airing as a 30-minute block until the series ended. The series ran until November 2, 1996 when it aired its final episode.
    The show helped launch the characters into mainstream popularity and became one of the most popular animated series in television history. Breakfast cereal, plush toys, and all manner of products featuring the characters appeared on the market during the late 1980s and early 1990s.[6] A successful Archie Comics comic book based on the animated show instead of the original black-and-white comics was published throughout the late 1980s and early 1990s. Action figures were top-sellers around the world. In 1990, the cartoon series was being shown daily on more than 125 television stations, and the comic books sold 125,000 copies a month.

Splinter was formerly a human being, an honorable ninja master named Hamato Yoshi. Yoshi was banished from the Foot Clan in Japan after being deceived by the seditious Oroku Saki, who pinned Hamato Yoshi's dogi to the wall with a knife, preventing him from kneeling before their sensei which was seen as an insult. When Yoshi removed the knife, the sensei was again insulted believing Yoshi was drawing the blade in opposition to him. Exiled from the ninja clan, the disgraced Yoshi moved to New York where he was forced to live in the sewers.
    While living in the sewers with the rats as his friends, Yoshi one day found four turtles, recently bought from a pet store by an unnamed boy who accidentally dropped them in the sewer. Yoshi returned one day from his explorations around New York to find the turtles covered with a strange glowing ooze. The substance caused the turtles, most recently exposed to Yoshi, to become humanoid, while Yoshi, most recently exposed to sewer rats, became a humanoid rat, and started going by the pseudonym "Splinter".
    Yoshi adopts the four turtles as his sons and trains them in the art of ninjitsu. He names them after his favorite Italian renaissance artists: Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo), Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi (Donatello), Raffaello Sanzio (Raphael), and Michelangelo Buonarroti (Michaelangelo). In most versions, the Turtles tend to go by nicknames Leo, Donny, Raph, and Mikey, but in this version they are always addressed by their full names. Each Ninja Turtle wears a mask over his eyes with a distinctive color, and is trained in the art of a distinct weapon.
    Meanwhile, Oroku Saki has left Japan and tracked Yoshi to New York City, where he intends to destroy him once and for all. He has become associated with Krang, a disembodied alien brain who has been banished from his home, Dimension X, where he was a great warlord. Saki has taken on a new persona, donning a suit covered with razor spikes, complemented by a long cape, and a metal mask over his mouth. He has also taken on the pseudonym "The Shredder".
    t becomes clear in the first season that the mutagen that transformed the Turtles and Splinter into their new forms was dumped into the sewer by Shredder in an effort to destroy Yoshi. Shredder thought it was a deadly poison. The Turtles vow to take revenge on the Shredder for dishonoring their master, as well as turning him into a rat. The Turtles want to force him to turn Splinter back into a human again, though this quickly evolves into stopping Shredder's ongoing criminal career with the aid of Channel 6 reporter April O'Neil. The Turtles begin to take on the role of vigilante crime-fighters operating outside of the jurisdiction of law enforcement against any criminals.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Richie Rich

Source from Wiki:

Richie Rich is an animated television series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions that aired on ABC from 1980 to 1984. Based upon Harvey Comics' popular Richie Rich comic book characters, shared time slots with Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, The Little Rascals, and Pac-Man over its original broadcast run. The other most visible character was Richie's dog, the appropriately named Dollar. The show airs occasionally on Boomerang; Boomerang's reruns feature the theme from The New Scooby-Doo Movies over the closing credits.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm like a bomb.

The Ren and Stimpy Show

The Ren & Stimpy Show, often simply Ren & Stimpy, is an American animated television series, created by Canadian animator John Kricfalusi for Nickelodeon. The series focuses on the titular characters: Ren Höek, a psychotic chihuahua, and Stimpson J. Cat, a good-natured, dimwitted cat. The show premiered on August 11, 1991, later the same day as the debut of Rugrats and Doug, the three of which comprised the original Nicktoons. The show ran for five seasons on the network, ending its original run with the Christmas episode "A Scooter for Yaksmas." The show was rated TV-Y7 on Nickelodeon/Nicktoons, and TV-PG on the Spike TV repeats.

Throughout its run, The Ren & Stimpy Show was controversial for its off-color humor, black comedy, toilet humour, sexual innuendo, and violence, all of which contributed to the production staff's altercations with Nickelodeon's Standards and Practices department. The show has received high critical acclaim and became a large cult classic during and after its run, while some critics credit it for leading the way for satirical animated shows like Beavis and Butt-head and South Park, and playing a significant role in television animation. A spin-off for adult audiences, Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon", aired in 2003 on Spike, but was poorly received and cancelled soon after its debut.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last»