Round 1 Pool 4: MilwaukeegHost vs. Rikerslade

1. MilwaukeegHost
    MilwaukeegHost
    4th Post: NEJI FIGHTING STYLE BREAK-DOWN

Before I discuss what Neji CAN do in this fight, let's take a brief look at what he CANNOT do:

1) Use any Nature Transformation (Extremely important)
    2) Use any Genjutsu
    3) Use any Ninjutsu (other than gentle fist/byakugan related techniques)
    4) Use any movement prediction type jutsu with the Byakugan (disproved by me in post #3)
    5) Use any flying/hovering/teleporting/Space/Time jutsu (his combat is confined to the bridge)

OFFENSE: Gentle Fist Techniques (only)

I do understand that Gentle Fist the most reputable and fearsome taijutsu style known in all of Konohagakure. But, the disadvantage here is that the Hyuga Clan uses this technique as its bread and butter, and it has become their signature style of combat. In other words, the Hyuga are not known for using any other fighting style in combat (see list above).

Note: The manga has never shown Neji to perform any non-byakugan related offensive techniques, so none should be allowed in this battle.

Taijutsu: Close Combat
    Neji MUST fight using close combat techniques, thats all he knows how to use. Which means he must be extremely close to Haku to attack him. I will illustrate this specific weakness when discussing Haku's abilites.

DEFENSE: Byakugan & Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven

Byakugan: Must be active to "see"
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/104/16

Short point here. But the Byakugan MUST BE ACTIVATED to be able to have the 360 degree 50 meters vision. So at any moment when Neji runs low on chakra, injures eye/s, or is not actively using the Byakugan, he is not able to sense Haku's location and attacks at all times, fully utilizing his KKG. As Neji's Byakugan is stronger than most, he bases his attacks towards special nodes on the chakra network, called tenketsu (Literally meaning "Pressure points"). I will illustrate this specific weakness when discussing Haku's abilites.

Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven
    Although this is known as an "Ultimate Defense", this technique is only effective when rotating, since the chakra itself is not enough to stop a physical attack thus if they cannot spin, the user becomes vulnerable. I will illustrate this specific weakness when discussing Haku's abilites.
  2. MilwaukeegHost
    MilwaukeegHost
    5th Post: HAKU FIGHTING STYLE BREAK-DOWN

OFFENSE: ICE RELEASE KKG

One Handed Seals for Jutsus
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/024/5

Haku is a very unique shinobi, being able to perform Jutsus with ONE HAND. Thousand Flying Water Needles of Death jutsu could also be used in this same battle sinerio against Neji as it was with Sasuke by attacking Neji and blocking his spin, thus preventing his defense: Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven.

Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals
    Using Neji's close combat fighting style against him, Haku could engage Neji in close combat, allowing him to be trapped in his Demonic Mirroring jutsu. Although Neji has the Byakugan to see Haku's movements, he does not have the abilty to keep up with Haku's immense speed inside the mirrors. Furthermore, the longer this battle progresses the more chakra Neji expires, eventually causing him to not be able to use his only defense in this sinerio, Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven.

DEFENSE: Tenketsu Knowledge

Hyūga clan (and Neji independently) calculated the exact tenketsu that would be required to shut down an opponent's combat ability, leaving them without the strength to even use taijutsu, let alone ninjutsu. Sadly for Neji, Haku is the perfect counter for this fighting style.

According to Zabuza, Haku possessed such prodigious talent that, in many ways, Haku had become more dangerous than him. Haku possessed a very detailed knowledge of human physiology and specifically tenketsu (pressure points), thanks to Zabuza's former ANBU training. His tenketsu knowledge was great enough that he could disable an opponent with acupuncture by hitting a precise point on the body with a senbon, to cause immediate death or a temporary appearance of such. Haku's knowlegde of tenketsu explains his main choice of weapon in battle: a senbon.

Haku's extensive knowlege of tenketsu will allow him to successfully defend himself against the byakugan, because he can anticipate the exact areas of attack during Neji's gentle fist taijutsu. He knows all of the points of the body that Neji targets while trying to block the chakra usage of an opponent, plus he has the speed to defend these attacks and counter effectively--Haku has knowledge of Neji's fighting style.
  3. Floydical
    Floydical
    Due to the situation, MilwaukeegHost's last 2 arguments are not to be judged. Since he asked for a slight extension before I closed it, he is entitled to posting but it is not fair to rikerslade considering I was not able to inform him of the late postings in time. The debate will only be judged up to MilwaukeegHost's 3rd post. Considering at that point it was 3 arguments to 2, that is the most fair way to judge this.

Again, I apologize for my crudeness when it came to closing these debates. I underestimated the time issue and the fact that so many people would need short extensions.
  4. Owarij
    Owarij
    Though I believe MilwaukeegHost could have utilized manga scans to better explain his points, it really didn't matter... with the use of words he explained his arguments and counters thoroughly, with one of the only flaws being the copying of lee's speed argument..

Rikerslade , I feel like you didn't have enough detail and a were on a defensive too much

I'll give this match to MilwaukeegHost
Page 2 of 2 « First 12